Thursday, August 23, 2007

Felted Purse




Here's a cute little felted purse I just finished knitting for my MIL's birthday. I wasn't crazy about the color choice, but this is what she picked out and our color taste differs. I used Cascade 220 and was fairly pleased with the results. It was a much smaller purse than I was expecting, but I really like it, so I'm currenlty making one for myself using some fabulous hand-painted red Esperanza (70% lambswool 30% alpaca). I hate to felt a yarn that feels so wonderful, but it was on sale (50% off) and this was really the only productive thing I could think to do with the quantity I got. I think it will make for a really dashing purse, and I won't felt it until I'm 100% satisfied with the product, even if that means frogging it bag a time or two. Although I don't think that will be necessary. The pattern worked very well the first time, and I'm sure it will work equally as well the second time around, even though I'm having to adjust for using a single strand of heavy worsted, rather than two strands of worsted.

1 comment:

Laura Marchant said...

These are so cute!
I love them.