Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pregnancy update for the week of September 30.

I am officially 30 weeks pregnant on September 30th!

We are very fortunate that I have been able to carry this foursome for 30 weeks, and we are hoping to keep them cooking for another 2-4 weeks. Babies born after 32 weeks gestation have an almost 100% survival rate and very few serious complications of prematurity.

As of our last growth check on September 25th three of the four babies were over 3lbs and the fourth was just under 3lbs. My docs are very pleased with their growth, and state that they are all growing at similar rates.

I'm generally feeling OK, this pregnancy has been uneventful. I've got lots of back pain, lots of heartburn, and I'm seldom comfortable. The babies kick all the time and one of the boys just can't keep himself out of my liver, which is very painful for me.

Just in case you don't know:
  • We are expecting two boys and two girls. This has been confirmed on ultrasound several times.
  • Each baby has its own amniotic sac and placenta, so they are most likely all fraternal, although it is possible that either or both of the girls or boys are identical.
  • We have names! The girls are Audrey and Melanie. The boys are Theodore and Oliver.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Naedrie!

I love you! I love their names!!!! Aunt Diana is going to spoil them all rotten. I am so glad that everything is going well. You are such a trooper. I cannot imagine how uncomfortable you must feel. I added up the pounds right now, it's like you are carrying a 12 pound baby at 30 weeks, holy crap.

Happy Birthday Bonnie!
Happy Birthday to you a couple of weeks ago!

I've also taken up knitting again. I've knitted a couple of scarves. I've mainly been doing pearl, not too much knit these days.

I love you and miss you!!!

-Diana :)