Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bonnie's Second Birthday.

Bonnie turned two yesterday! She had a good birthday. She went to "school" during the day and took cupcakes for her class. Jim said that when they stopped at the grocery store to pick them up, she pointed to the store and said, "No, No No!" He asked her if she wanted to go to school and she nodded yes (she has yet to say the word) and then Jim said "We are going to get cake for you to take to school." Then it was OK to stop at the grocery store.

While she was at school they somehow managed to get pigtails in her hair...I've yet to be sucessful with this because I can't get her to hold still long enough. I'm not sure how they did it.

After dinner, my mom and stepfather came over and we opened presents and then had cake. Here are some pictures.

Her first set of pigtails and her new frog book:



We got her some toy makeup and it was easily the favorite gift. Playing with her "pretty" as she calls it:





When I was decorating the cake, I realized that I had bought the frosting, but had forgotten to get a new set of decorating tips (I threw away my old ones when we moved) so the writing on her cake was sort of like squeezing out toothpaste, but Bonnie didn't mind.

At first, Bonnie didn't want to cut the cake. She just stuck her fork straight in it. That's MY girl! After she realized she wasn't geting too far with that, she let me cut it. She got the first piece, of course.





I'd also like to point out that my daughter had figured out that when we say "C-A-K-E" that it means cake. She made this connection when I was making birthday plans with my mom on the phone and was spelling "cake" and she turned and looked at me and said, "Cake??" Now if we say, "Bonnie what does C A K E spell?" she will say, "CAKE!" Not that I think she understands letters or spelling, but she's figured out that the sound of us spelling it is the same as saying it.

No comments: