Friday, July 13, 2007

The sock goes on

Jim had to work last night, so I didn't get to spend a long time at my knitting class and I didn't get to work on my sock outside of the class at all.

I did one lovely heel flap during class and started to turn the heel, but only got a few rows into it before I had to go. Hopefully I'll be able to get some instruction this weekend.

Oh yeah, and I found out why the directions for starting the heel flap didn't work. I was knitting my sock backwards. Counterclockwise instead of clockwise. It didn't make a difference in the cuff since I was doing a K2 P2 ribbing all the way down, but now I have to re-learn how to knit with the DPNS. I suppose it will be easier this time around since I've got the basic concept and handling skills down, I just need to reverse the way I was looking at it.

I am tired. Bonnie woke up at 4:30 for a feeding and I wasn't able to get back to sleep after. I feel like a zombie.

Still haven't had time to get pictures uploaded....

No comments: