Sunday, November 23, 2008

If you barf on me, I'll pee on you!

Last night, I was feeding both boys at the same time. During feedings, I usually have 2-3 babies laying on my extra-large nursing pillow in my lap and I feed them all simultaneously. Last night, I had the two boys and about halfway through the feeding, Teddy turned toward his brother and barfed up what had to be most of what I had just fed him. Ollie was soaked from head to waist on his left side, and Teddy just had a wet sleeve.

I took both boys to the changing table to assess the damage and decide on the best course of action. I placed them perpendicular to one another on the changing table. Ollie was laying on his back with the top of his head against Teddy's side. I discovered that Ollie had a VERY messy diaper. He started fussing as I was getting him cleaned up (as he often does during diaper changes) and out of nowhere he starts peeing and it shoots up over his left shoulder and hits Teddy in the ear.

At this point, I was planning to give them both a bath anyway, so I just let him finish while I was working on the seriously nasty poop. Then, just before I was going to pick him up and take him to the bathroom he let out another wail, and another stream of urine shot over his head and hit Teddy's stomach. It also sprinkled on just about everything else in its path.

Sooo lovely. Today I asked some mom's of boys how to keep the golden showers under control, and they all suggested keeping a washcloth or extra diaper on the changing table to keep things covered when the diaper needs to be open for an extended period of time. Brilliant....why didn't I think of that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that I have any experience with little baby boys, but I did see these while "window shopping" on Etsy: Pee-Tees

PS. I'll be having my baby Nov 30th!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is OMG!! I think it's a good thing you're blogging these stories. They will make quite the gift later on :)

Unknown said...

Oh the joy of being a parent :) I hope my future kids won't make such messes...

Gruß
Sandra & Michael