Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hats!

Much of my hosptial time (before the babies were born) was spent knitting four little hats!

For the knitters out there: I knit the hats using measurement estimates from the preemie project website, and just created a very basic pattern. It is knit in the round on thre DPNs with K2, P2 ribbing, stock toe-style decreases and I finished it off with an I-cord topper just for a litle fun.

I finished the hats just hours before my C-section and I finally remembered to take them down to the NICU this afternoon. So here are the babies in/with their hats!!!

Here's Melanie looking delightful in Pink!




Here is Ollie wearing his hat and being held by Daddy and Bonnie.



Next, we have Audrey in her hat. She is the smallest, and will be able to wear the hat the longest. She has a little room in her hat, whereas they just fit the others!


Finally, here's Teddy with his hat. He isn't able to wear his hat right now because he has an IV in his scalp. It is very common for neonates to get IVs in the scalp, so don't let that worry you!



No comments: