Saturday, October 18, 2008

We might be delivering Tuesday!

When my perinatologist came in today, she said that she's decided to move up the lab work scheduled for next week. We will run the labs on Monday AM and then decide later that day if we are going to deliver on Tuesday, or let the babies cook a little longer. It will depend mostly on how I'm looking with respect to developing preeclampsia. I was getting pretty close to meeting the criteria for preeclampsia last week, so I strongly suspect I'll cross the threshold by Monday. If that is the case, then the babies are coming on Tuesday!

We will be at 33 weeks on Tuesday, which is great. The babies should be in good shape. If they need help with breathing, it should be minimal, and once breathing is squared away, it will just be a matter of them learning how to eat, and gaining a little weight before they come home.

I also like the idea of delivering on the 21st because that is Bonnie's original due date.

No comments: