Friday, October 10, 2008

In the hospital!!!

My bedrest free streak is over. This afternoon I started having regular contractions. They weren't painful, just a tightening like Braxton Hicks contractions, if that means anything to you. Per my doctor's instructions, I decided that I should go the the hospital around 4:30p when the contractions had been going on for a couple hours and didn't not seem to be subsiding.

Well, I got the full checkup, and I'm not in labor, but I am contracting quite a bit. My perinatologist came in and said that I would be staying in the hospital for the duration of my pregnancy. I was totally shocked. I thought that at most I would be spending the night on observation, and then I would go home, perhaps with some activity restrictions. NOPE! I'm here till they come out!!!

Poor Jimbo is at home being a single dad, now. I'm sure he will do great, Bonnie is a daddy's girl anyway, but I feel bad that I'm not there to help, even if I haven't been terribly helpful in recent days.

No comments: